Monday, April 21, 2008

What? Needles has a Non-Sock FO!



Yes, I have finished a non-sock project. It has been awhile since I've finished a project that wasn't a sock. In between sock madness rounds, I couldn't stand the feel of sock yarn & small needles so I cast on a shawl using worsted weight yarn.



Pattern: Forest Canopy by Susan Lawerence. This pattern is also available through the Ravelry Store.
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in Pansy Golightly (2 skeins)
Needles: Knit Picks Interchangeable, US Size 9 (5.5 mm)
Cast-on: March 29 Bind-Off: April 10 Blocked: April 19
Modifications: I used worsted weight instead of DK, 16 pattern repeats instead of 12


Here is a better picture of the texture. It is before blocking.



In other news, I finished my round 3 socks last week, cast-on round 4 tonight, & cast-on French Market Bag last night. More details later.

TTFN

3 comments:

Dawn said...

The canopy shawl turned out absolutely beautiful! Looks great on you! Your front yard looks exactly like my previous house! Freaky! Have you started the woolgirl socks?

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Wow your shawl is gorgeous:)I just got my first skein of Dream in color smooshy in Deep Seaflower it is definitly Smooshy.Hugs Darcy

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Your shawl is more stunning in person!!!! Darcy