Saturday, June 16, 2007

Icarus Completed!



It took me a week to bind-off but I've finished my shawl. I'm pretty happy with my first lace project. Here's a close-up of the edging.



Hopefully I'll have pictures of me wearing the shawl at Monday's graduation.

I love to knit socks & lace. I don't normally wear shawls, ponchos, & lacey stuff but knitting this was fun. I think using lace weight yarn is perfect for the Antelope Valley's warm days. I was able to knit this when the thermometer was close to 95.

I've cast-on the Adara Rainbow Shawl from elann.com. Adara is a linen cotton blend. I just love the colors & the yarn feels cool & smooth to knit with. I don't think I'll ever wear it though - my DD#1 is trying to claim it.

TTFN

1 comment:

Melissa F. in CA said...

Wow, that is soooooo beautiful!!!! I would love to see it in person someday :)