Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ouch!

Yesterday I was making great progress on my Summer Skinny Dippin' Sock until I sliced my finger with a size 1 (2.25mm) knit picks needle. I often use my finger to help push the needle when I knit. This is the first time I hurt myself. Every time I knit I kept poking myself again in that exact same spot. I ended up putting my sock away and knit on the Adara shawl for a while. I don't push as much with larger size needles. I don't really like the pattern for this yarn. The striping on the sock is much prettier without the patterning and I think the design gets lost in the stripe. I will keep knitting because I don't want to frog them.


I cast-on the second sock for my 1776 socks at DD#1's softball game. I was able to knit while I was in the score booth. My finger is still sore so I was making slower than usual progress. I was asked about the yarn for these socks. It is a self-striping yarn, Schoeller & Stahl Fortissima Socka in the 1776 colorway. If you can get the guess the correct guage & number of stitches, the yarn makes perfect stars. You can view the first sock of this pair here.

Unfortunately, Dory's team lost so they are finished for the season. Having 3 kids playing softball/baseball sure gave me quite a bit of prime knitting time.

1 comment:

jo said...

you rock for KIPing at *sports* events

hip hip hooray for you!

(i sliced myself with sharp pointy ended needles too)

but your socks are bloody lovely!
nifty pattern and delicious colours