Saturday, October 27, 2007

It Must Be Fall



. . . because went to Disneyland. I love Disneyland when it's all decorated for holidays. This year, Disney had the entire park decorated for fall/Halloween. I cast on my second Halloween sock Oct 7th on the drive to Anaheim. I worked on it while standing in lines. With only a few exceptions, the sock was completed during my 90 minutes of playground duty a week. It is amazing how much knitting I can get done during this "found" time. I finished the sock Friday, Oct 26, just in time for Halloween.


Yarn: Opal Rainforest in Schmellerling (Butterfly)
Pattern: My own toe-up

Saturday, my two older kids had a fall recital. DD #1 has been playing the flute for 4 years. DS has been playing the sax for a little over a year. It was his first solo performance. They both played beautifully.

DS wouldn't admit that he was nervous but you can see his relief when the concert was over.

DD had a rough time getting started but then sounded even better than in her practices. She was nervous as well & had to be silly during the pictures.

I have a couple more FOs to show:

Computer Sleeve

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Devon (it took about a about 1.5 skeins)
Pattern: My own - I might write this up if there is interest

Pink Panther Delicatos

Yarn: Louet in Pink Panther
Pattern: Delicato by KnitSpot. I added one extra repeat on the ribbing at the wrist.

I cast on another pair of socks:

Yarn: Fleece Artist Somoko in Blue Lagoon
Pattern: Pagoda Lace by Wendy Knits available at The Loopy Ewe
Notes: I modified this to be knit 2 at a time on 2 circs. I'm not happy with how this yarn is dyed. Half of the skein has the dark blue & green. The other half of the skein has lighter shades. The socks look like they came from different skeins. The contrast between the 2 socks is much greater than the pictures show.

No comments: