Tuesday, October 9, 2007

R.I.P. Kathy

I was working on a light hearted post last week but never got it finished. I'm in a much darker place now. A week ago, I lost a friend and co-worker. It came suddenly. And, if the story we've been told is true, it was preventable but the hospital didn't take her seriously & thought it was a panic attack. I do not know the result of the autopsy.

Kathy was a very giving person even though her life couldn't have been easy. Her husband died while she was pregnant with her daughter. She was taking care of her adult son who has Downs syndrome, her mother who was recently released from the hospital after a stroke, and a teenaged daughter.

The last time I saw Kathy was on a Friday. She volunteered to get some of my grading done because I was so far behind. As a thank you, I offered her one of the treats I was giving my class. She turned me down & offered me her taco soup. She watched my class so I could go & get a bowl of it. It was some of the best soup I've ever had. She gave me the receipe. I will think of her every time I have it.

Kathy, I hope you have peace.

2 comments:

Melissa F. in CA said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! Please let me know if there is anything I can do...

Ms. Diva said...

I am so sorry!!! Call if you need anything!!!