Saturday, August 18, 2007

Loopy Sock Club - Fall



A couple of weeks ago I received the fall shipment for The Loopy Ewe Sock Club. I love the colors of this sock yarn. It is a custom colorway by Claudia Handpainted in the Loopy Ewe colorway. Sheri always makes her packages fun. You don't know what will be included in the shipment. This time it is cider, an accessory bag, stitch markers and a fun poem. She had to change the loopy kisses to peppermints during the summer. If you haven't ordered from The Loopy Ewe & you like to knit socks or lace, you really should check it out. TLE has the best customer service - period. Search the net. I've never seen anything bad posted about TLE. Many of the products she carries have been recommended by her customers. Plus, I really like the fact that she includes a personalized note in every order. You can earn store credit (every $250 in purchases earn a $25 credit) and on your 6th order you become a Loopy Groupie. If you go to her store from my blog & place an order, I can get earn credit. So, go check her out.

Last weekend I started a Booga bag. I think I was the only knitter who hadn't made one. It has been felted and is blocking. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it tomorrow. It was a fun & quick knit. I can tell why it has been so popular.

I finished the first of my traditional Monkey socks last weekend. It took me a while stop the first round from slipping off the needles. Once I got past the first round, I enjoyed using DPNs. This sock is a Christmas gift. My water bottle agreed to model the one sock.



I didn't have any problems kirchenering the toe. I stitched very loosely. Then I put the sock on my fist & tightened it until it was the correct tension. It is Cherry Tree Hill in Martha's Vineyard. I used size Knit Picks size 1.5 DPNs. Martha's Vineyard was one of the first sock yarns I purchased. I swatched a couple of socks with it but the pattern just made the yarn look muddy. I also tried a plain knit stitch sock & didn't like it. Monkey socks seem to bring out the best in varigated yarns. I don't think it is possible to make an ugly Monkey sock.

My 10th grade English teacher would be upset if she saw all the times I use the word I. Too many sentences start with it as well. Using different words to start my sentences will be my goal for the next post - too tired to worry about it now.

3 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

The colorways are Gorgeous!!! I want to knit the monkey sock pattern:( when can you come out to play? hugs Darcy

jo said...

i was an english teacher and i forgive you.

jo said...

oh and if it makes you feel better i have never knitted a booga bag either...tho i have crocheted one