Saturday, August 25, 2007

Migraines Again

I hate having migraines. I feel that days of my life are being stolen from me. This week was one of those weeks. I got a migraine Monday afternoon & it never really left until Friday afternoon. I take a preventative medicine which has decreased the number & strength of migraines. I also take Imitrex when I get a migraine. My doctor advised me to limit the Imitrex to 200 mg per month. This month, I took 350 mg. That damn migraine just wouldn't leave. Only for a couple of hours it was severe enough that I was completely unable to function. Most of the week I was unable to concentrate for more than a couple of minutes at a time. Now, I get to spend my weekend catching up on all the work I didn't do this week.

I got a substitute & took Friday off of school. I can't really teach while taking Imitrex - I start saying everything the opposite of what I want to say. It would be funny if it didn't confuse the students so much. On Thursday we were watching a video on the 13 colonies. I kept saying that Connecticut was in the Southern Colonies & Virginia was in New England. I really know better than that. The wrong words were coming out.



I was able to finish one of my Under Cover Squares for August. O-wool is really soft & it's nice to switch to size 10 needles from my size 1.5s. Just 4 more repeats & a toe left on my second Monkey sock. Two Christmas gifts down - a few to go. Yes, I have started my Christmas knitting but I'm not pressuring myself this year. What gets done, gets done. Others will wait 'til next year.

For all of you Harry Potter fans. Dharma Fey (from Socks in the City) has a sock club started called Potter's Covers. It's 7 shipments of sock yarn. The colors are inspired from the 7 American book covers. She has 2 payment plans - including a monthly plan. For more information go to her Etsy site.

Also, have you heard about the Chore Wars Group started by Lime & Violet? Chore Wars started as a way to motivate families to do their chores. Well, L & V created the Lime & Violet Yarn Raiders. It has motivated me to keep my blog up to date ('cause I get experience points), try new things & finish that object. If you aren't a Yarn Raider yet there's more info at the L & V website. My yarn raider name is Needles, a studly, Level 8 shaman. I wanted to look different than everyone else. If you join, let me know your Raider name.

2 comments:

Ms. Diva said...

HI Carol. I get migranes also and can't function. It seems to be worse in hot weather, so of course I live in the desert! Aren't you excited that we are getting our very own LYS here in the AV? Too bad I will be in San Diego on Saturday. But Sunday - look out!!! Hopefully they're open Sunday!!

Melissa F. in CA said...

Hey Carol... I have been thinking about joining the Lime & Violet chore wars/yarn raiders... It sounds like a lot of fun :) Hope you are feeling better soon!