Thursday, August 2, 2007

Working Hard - Almost No Knitting

Well, I missed yesterday's WIP Wednesday. I've been working 12-16 hour days to get ready for the new school year which starts Monday. I've completely rearranged my classroom. I've also cleaned out my 8 closets, 3 bookcases, & 8 file cabinet drawers. In the process, I threw out over 30 bags of trash. It's nice being able to open a closet without having things fall on my feet! I'm a packrat & that's what can happen when I stay in the same room for 9 years. I should have taken a before & after shot of the closets. I'll post a picture of the classroom once everything is ready.

I've made some progress on my Halloween sock while knitting under the table during teacher trainings. I also had a disaster while working on the 6th repeat of my Monkey sock. I accidentally pulled out one of the DPNs holding stitches instead of grabbing the empty needle. Oh course, I had to do it on one of the yarn-over/decrease rows - not the plain knit rows too! I managed to get the stitches back on the needle but now have 17 stitches instead of 16. So I've got to figure out which side of the decreases came undone. I've only been able to do about 20 rows of Clue 4 on Mystery Stole 3 in the past 2 weeks. I really like knitting lace but I can only work on this pattern when the house is quiet & I can't have interruptions.

Since I didn't post last Friday, here's my DD modelling her Adara Shawl that I blocked last week. I love how it looks but it is a little too narrow for me. It fits my daughter perfectly. She's been wearing it in the house even with the 100 degree weather.

1 comment:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Lovely you do beautiful work and Iam sure your daughter is very happy with her shawl.Cute working under the table.lol miss wish you could come visit and knit with me.hugs Darcy